Music Artistry Program
Formerly known as "Adjudications"
WHEN: March 10-14, 2020
WHERE: The Studios of Dr. Tanya Stambuk & Bonnie Rees
VISITING ARTIST: Margee Webster
REGISTRATION/PAYMENT DEADLINE: January 8, 2020
CONTACT: Patti Jamieson
WSMTA now requires that all registrations be done online by the teacher. (Students, please contact your teacher directly with questions.) Teachers, please view the online tutorial found HERE. After watching the video, contact Patti Jamieson if you need more assistance.
- Go to the WSMTA website.
- Login with your member number (issued by MTNA) and password. Set up new account if needed.
- Once logged in, click on ‘Register for Music Artistry Program’ and follow the instructions.
- Chapter fee is $5 per student and must be paid separate from this online transaction.
One check should be made to "Gig Harbor WSMTA" for your total chapter fee and submitted to Patti Jamieson by January 8, 2020 (postmarked by January 8, 2020)
Music Artistry Program Requirements:
- Teachers are required to be present for the entire session with the Visiting Artist and their students.
- Teachers must submit scheduling needs to the chairperson at the time they register for MAP.
- We encourage the teacher to communicate with the Visiting Artist as to what your hopes and/or expectations are for the session, before the session begins. In other words, if you have specific students with learning difficulties or if you hope for more constructive feedback with certain students, the teacher can let the Visiting Artist know.
- Find more details on the WSMTA website - Find ‘Forms for Teachers’ to download. You’ll find the answers to most of your questions here. Please contact Patti Jamieson with any other questions.
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Agnus Dei Lutheran Church
State Recital Competition:
STATE RECITAL COMPETITION
DATE: Monday, March 23, 2020
LOCATION: Agnus Dei Lutheran Church
Students participating in The Music Artistry Program may also compete in the State Recital Competition. The winning pianist represents our chapter at the State Honors Recital held during the WSMTA Convention. Click here for competition details and to see the winners of last year's competition.
Margee Webster has taught piano professionally for more than 25 years. She teaches Class Piano and Piano Proficiency Courses as well as Applied Piano at Gonzaga University. She is on the faculty for the Piano Day Camp at Holy Names Music Center, teaching composition, ensemble and pedagogy. She has taught Piano Pedagogy at Eastern Washington University. She is an adjudicator for the Washington State Music Teachers Association and a judge for the National Guild of Piano Teachers. She adjudicates and gives master classes in Washington, Idaho and Alaska .
Her piano studies began at age 6, culminating with a Summa cum Laude Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music/Piano Pedagogy from Whitworth University. She is a Nationally Certified Teacher of Music with the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) and Washington State Music Teachers Association (WSMTA.) She accompanies and performs in the Spokane area. Margee continues ongoing private study as well as attending workshops and post graduate classes each year in education and music.
As an active member of MTNA and WSMTA she has served in many capacities including WSMTA President, WSMTA Education Board Chair, MTNA Competitions Washington State Chair and Chapter President for the Spokane Music Teachers Association. She recently received the MTNA Foundation Fellow Award. She is a member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers. She serves on the Piano Advisory Board for MusicFest Northwest.